Hey! The version we submitted for the jam is pretty buggy; Basically, you have to close the game after every match, even after the tutorial(alt+f4). Sorry! We have fixed a lot of these bugs and we'll update the game after voting is over!
A downloadable game for Windows
UPDATE: Hey we've just updated the game to v1.03 with lots of fixes, improvements and local multiplayer!
Stampede is a card game without turns, created for the Game Maker's Toolkit Jam 2018.
Place your cards strategically but frenetically in this 1vs1 game of wits and reflexes.
Local multiplayer controls:
- Player 1:
* Select: A / D
* Draw card: S
* Play card: Q / E
- Player 2:
* Select: J / L
* Draw card: K
* Play card: U / O
- v1.03 (Post jam version):
- Added local multiplayer mode
- Added Win / Lose screen at the end of a game
- Added animation to healthbars when being hitted
- Freeze special card now slows the opponents cards for a period of time
- Swap special card now swaps both your lanes
- You can now play cards by draging them into the lane
- You can now draw cards by clicking your deck
- You can now move between cards with the arrow keys
- Added a requirement for a minimun space between played cards
- Escape key now allows you to go back to the main menu / close the application
- Added small animation to tutorial messages
- Fix. Main menu now properly closes when playing more than one game
- Fix. "Discard" animation now properly plays on stacked cards
- Fix. Cards properly position themselves when being discarded while entering the lane
- Fix. Music now starts playing as soon as you open the application
- Other minor changes
- Stampede updated with local multiplayerSep 11, 2018